Vegan Pecan Cookie Recipe
1 cup Vegan Margarine
1 cup Unbleached Sugar
2 tablespoons Soy Milk/Almond Milk
2 tablespoons Sweet Potato Baby Food
1 teaspoon Corn Starch
2 1/4 cups Flour
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
3 cups Flaked Coconut, divided
Soymilk/Almond Milk (to brush on top of cookies)
1 1/4 cups Pecan Halves
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Chill Time: 2 hours to Overnight
Bake Time: 12 Minutes
Hint: Cookie rolls can be frozen for up to three months.
1. Cream margarine, sugar, and 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in baby food and cornstarch.
2. Combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture. Add 2 cups of the coconut. Mix until well blended.
3. Divide dough in half. Form each half into a roll 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
4. Cut 2 pieces wax paper 18 inches long. Sprinkle 1/2 cup coconut on each piece. Roll dough in coconut. Roll up in wax paper. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
5. Heat oven to 325 F. Grease baking sheet and set aside.
6. Cut dough with a sharp knife into 1/4 inch slices. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
7. Brush non-dairy milk on cookie slices. Top each slice with a pecan half.
8. Bake at 325 for 12 minutes. Remove to cooling rack.
Makes 6 dozen 1 1/2 cookies.
category: Vegan Cookie Recipes